Accident Insurance Plan
- The Accident Insurance Plan provides you with a lump-sum payment when you suffer a covered event.
- There are more than 150 covered accidents and there is no limit on the number of different accidents that will be covered.
- You can use the Accident Insurance Plan benefit for any purpose you like, for example: to help pay for expenses not covered by your medical plan, deductible, coinsurance, or your out-of-pocket maximum.
- There are no waiting periods and payments are made in addition to any other insurance you may have.
- Call MetLife with questions at 800.GET.MET8 or 800.438.6388.
- Learn more about the services provided by MetLife to the State of South Dakota for FY19.
Accident Insurance Plan Materials:
METLIFE'S ACCIDENT INSURANCE IS A LIMITED BENEFIT GROUP INSURANCE POLICY. The policy is not intended to be a substitute for medical coverage. The policy or its provisions may vary or be unavailable in some states. Like most group accident and health insurance policies, polices offered by MetLife contain certain exclusions, limitations and terms for keeping them in force. For complete details of coverage and availability, please refer to the group policy form GPNP12-AX or contact MetLife. Benefits are underwritten by Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, New York, New York. In certain states, availability of MetLife’s Group Accident Insurance is pending regulatory approval.