Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP), is sponsored by the South Dakota State Employee Benefits Program, and provided by KEPRO Healthcare, as a service offered at no cost to benefit eligible employees, spouses, and dependents. Employees, spouses, and dependents need to be benefit eligible but do not need to be enrolled in the South Dakota State Employee Health Plan to use EAP.
EAP helps employees resolve a wide range of issues and restore both personal and professional effectiveness. EAP will assist employees in managing the personal challenges that influence well-being, performance, and effectiveness. Employees using EAP services must follow established leave policies; contact your Human Resource Manager with questions.
- Financial/Legal Concerns
- Managing Change & Transition
- Work Related Concerns
- Family/Relationship Issues
- Parenting Issues
- Child/Eldercare Issues
- Management or Supervisory Issues
In addition to the services offered above, EAP offers a Savings Center service to those who register. To learn more on how to get shopping discounts go to benefits.sd.gov/EAPSavings.aspx
- Telephonic support by Masters and PhD level counselors for crises and emergencies
- Telephonic support to arrange for in-person counseling
- Up to 5 in-person counseling sessions (per incident per fiscal year) for a range of personal issues, depression, work-family balance, and substance abuse concerns. Employees must have a referral from KEPRO to use counseling services
In addition, EAP offers consultations including:
- Family Caregiving - Resources and referrals for dependent care related services, in addition to emergency back-up childcare and elder and more.
- Convenience Services - Assistance in locating household and daily living resources, including pet care services, home repairs, travel planning and event scheduling and more.
- Financial Services - Up to 30-minutes financial consultation with a Certified Financial Planner or CPA per issue at no-cost.
- Legal Services - Up to 30-minutes consultation per issue with an attorney at no-cost and 25% discount of fees if you decide to retain an attorney.
Learn more about specific EAP services in the flyers below:
- EAP Program Summary of Services
EAP Legal and Financial Services
EAP Management Consultation Services
EAP Skill Builder Training Modules
EAP Tipsheet Think Positive
EAP Website Services
EAP Worklife Services