Hospital Indemnity Plan (HIP)
- The Hospital Indemnity Plan (HIP) is provided by VOYA Financial and Risty Benefits, Inc.
- No medical questions required to enroll.
- There are no waiting periods for coverage and payments are made in addition to any other insurance you may have.
- No pre-existing exclusion limitation.
- You and/or a covered family member receive a daily benefit of $200 per person for each day of hospitalization because of an illness or injury – up to a total of 180 days beginning with the first day of a hospital stay. There is not a lifetime maximum benefit.
- Care must be medically necessary, ordered by a physician, and take place in a hospital.
- You can use the HIP benefit for any purpose you like, for example: to help pay for expenses not covered by your medical plan, lost wages, child care, travel, home health care cost, or any of your normal household expenses.
- You cannot add a spouse age 70 or older. If your spouse was added prior to them turning 70, they can remain on the plan.
- Hospital Indemnity benefits are paid according to the coverage schedule. To view the coverage schedule, visit www.southdakotaflexbenefits.com
- Call Risty Benefits, Inc at 866.237.941.