Hospital Indemnity Insurance
New for FY19
- The Hospital Indemnity Plan (HIP) is provided by MetLife.
- Learn more about the services provided by MetLife to the State of South Dakota.
FY19 Plan Information
- FY19 HIP Rates
- FY19 State of South Dakota Hospital Indemnity Outline of Coverage Disclosure
- FY19 Group Hospital Indemnity Insurance Disclaimer
FY18 Plan Information
- No medical questions required to enroll.
- There are no waiting periods for coverage and payments are made in addition to any other insurance you may have.
- No pre-existing exclusion limitation.
- You and/or a covered spouse and dependents receive a daily benefit of $200 per person for each day of hospitalization because of an illness or injury – up to a total of 180 days beginning with the first day of a hospital stay. There is not a lifetime maximum benefit.
- Care must be medically necessary, ordered by a physician, and take place in a hospital.
- You can use the HIP benefit for any purpose you like, for example: to help pay for expenses not covered by your medical plan, lost wages, child care, travel, home health care cost, or any of your normal household expenses.
- You cannot add a spouse age 70 or older. If your spouse was added prior to turning 70, he or she can remain on the plan.
- Hospital Indemnity benefits are paid according to the coverage schedule. To view the coverage schedule, visit www.southdakotaflexbenefits.com
- FY18 HIP Rates
- Hospital Indemnity Summary Plan Description
- FY17 HIP Rates
- Hospital Indemnity Claim Form
- Call Risty Benefits, Inc at 866.237.9411.