Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
The only on-going use of Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRAs) by the South Dakota State Employee Benefits Plan is limited to the Our Healthy Baby program and Opt-Outs. HRAs were utilized in FY16 for the one-time credit.
If you have a Health Savings Account or are an FY18 Opt-Out, you have an Combination HRA, which can be used for dental and vision expenses. Once you've satisfied your annual health plan deductible, you may use your Combination HRA funds to pay eligible medical expenses. Complete the Deductible Verification Form in order to use Combination HRA funds for medical expenses.
Note: If you have already been reimbursed for an expense through your flexible spending account, you cannot be reimbursed for the same expense through the HRA account.
Benefits members interested in viewing video tutorials about HSA's and more on the Discovery Benefits portal can click here to learn more.
Although the State has not issued Wellness HRA funds for many years, some employees have existing funds. In addition to medical, vision, and dental expenses, Wellness HRA funds can be use to purchase wellness products and memberships.
- Products: running shoes, workout wear, activity tracking devices
- Memberships: individual/family gym, pool, weight loss centers; hunting and fishing licenses; park passes
- Equipment: treadmills, bike, weights, yoga mat, helmets
- Registration: entry fees for races and walking event
Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Documents:
- HRA Claim Form
- HRA FAQs
- Guide to Filing Claims
- Guide to Substantiating Debit Cards
- Guide to the Benefits Debit Card
- Out-of-Pocket Claim Form
- Debit Card Substantiation FAQ
- Deductible Verification Form