- You can see the vision provider of your choice regardless of whether or not they belong to the MetLife network.
- Different levels of coverage are available for In-Network and Out-of-Network vision providers.
- For example, the cost of an eye exam* is $150.00.
- In-Network provider- your responsibility is the $10.00 copay.
- Out-of-Network provider- you pay the provider at the time of service and are reimbursed up to $45.00 by MetLife after you submit a claim form.
*The cost of exams vary by provider and location. This is an example only.
- You can find an In-Network provider by visiting www.mybenefits.metlife.com.
- Enter the employer name as: State of South Dakota.
- Click Find a Vision Provider Near You.
- You need to create an account to view FY17 vision coverage details for you, your covered spouse and dependents.
- Click the Register Now button on the far right under First Time User.
- Follow the steps in the registration process to create an account.
- Services covered under the Vision Plan are based on date of service, not plan year.
FY17 Vision Plan Information: