The beneFIT Well-Being Program
What is the beneFIT Well-Being Program?
The South Dakota State Employee Benefits Program has partnered with StayWell to provide you with tools and resources to help you look and feel your best. By participating in the beneFIT Well-Being Program, you can take control of your health and set happiness in motion. To learn more visit benefit.staywell.com or click to find the beneFIT well-being program brochure here.
How do I know if I have met the wellness qualifications for FY18?
Login to benefit.staywell.com and click on My Incenctive to check your completion status. Your green progress bar should show 100 points completed for individual coverage or 200 points completed if you are an employee with a covered spouse.
What you need to know:
- This year, completing all three wellness qualifications will be beneficial to you no matter which health plan you choose.
By completing the 3 qualifications by March 31, 2017, you will qualify for the lowest deductible plan in FY18* or you will earn the maximum contribution for your Health Savings Account (HSA), if you choose the $1,800 high deductible plan for FY18.* Login to your account at benefit.staywell.com to get started!
- Online Health Assessment: Complete the assessment to see how your lifestyle habits affect your health and well-being.
- On-site Health Screening: Receive valuable information to keep you healthy today and help prevent serious health problems in the future.
- Earn 100 Wellness Points: Choose activities of your choice to earn 100 wellness points.
- If your spouse is on your health plan, both you and your covered spouse must complete the three qualifications to be eligible for the low deductible or maximum employer contribution.
- Common questions about the beneFIT Well-Being Program can be found at: benefits.sd.gov/WellnessFAQ.aspx
By completing all three qualifications by March 31, 2017:
- You will qualify to enroll in the lowest deductible plan in FY18. For family coverage, both you and your spouse will need to complete the three wellness qualifications to qualify for the lowest deductible plan.
- You can earn money for your health savings account (HSA) if you choose the $1,800 deductible plan in FY18.
- If you have single coverage you can earn the maximum contribution of $500 for your HSA by completing the 3 wellness qualifications.
- If you decide to not complete the 3 wellness qualifications, the State will give you $250 just for choosing the $1,800 High Deductible Plan for FY18.
- If you have family coverage you can earn the maximum contribution of $1,000 for your HSA by completing the 3 wellness qualifications.
- If you and your covered spouse decide not to complete the 3 wellness qualifications, the State will give you $500 just for choosing the $1800 High Deductible Plan for FY18.
Start Earning Your Reward Now
- Login to your account at benefit.staywell.com to learn about more opportunities on how to earn points.
Note: Employees hired or spouses added on or after July 1, 2016 and Opt-Outs do not need to complete these qualifications during FY17 (July 1, 2016-June 30, 2017) to be eligible for the lowest deductible health plan in FY18 or the maximum employer contribution.